Thursday, April 15, 2010

Recent Reading

Ah, it feels so good to be done with ridicuously long teaching credential tests!  I now feel like I have more time to read!  Ok, so like, fifteen more minutes of free time each day, but still, yay for reading time!  Last week was my high school's spring break so I squeezed in a few books.  Let's discuss!

Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George - A  A really cute fairy-tale redo.  I only vaguely remember the actual tale, but I enjoyed this book.  I want a polar bear friend!
Changeless by Gail Carriger - A+  Oh my goodness... I am so angry!  I cannot believe the cliffhanger this book ended with! I must read the sequel!  I cannot wait until September 1st!  Still, great sequel by Ms. Carriger.  I like the new characters and the more in-depth examinations of Miss Ivy Hisselpenny and Alexia's sister, Felicity.  Silly, racy supernatural fun.
Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken - A+  I'm so surprised by this first time novelist!  (She's 23 and cute! *starts to feel like crap*)  Despite the comparisons to Howl's Moving Castle, this novel was original and fun.  I totally fell in love with Wayland North; further proof that I have a thing for hot, arrogant, self-serving wizards. Heehee.
Darcy and Anne: It is a truth universally acknowledged the Lady Catherine will never find a husband for Anne by Judith Brockelhurst  - A- Fluffy sequel to Pride and Prejudice. Super cute.
Something Rotten (Thursday Next #4) by Jasper Fforde - Currently reading. 

Lovely!  A good amount of interesting, fun books.  What a great reading month!  And, in celebration of the TPA completion I have bought 4 more books that I am anxiously awaiting to be delivered from Amazon:
1. The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott
2. Enchanted Glass
3. Magic Under Glass
4. Pearl of China (I'm dying to read this one!) 

It looks like it will be a lovely reading month indeed.

3 comments: